What makes you smile? Laugh? Go giddy with glee? For some, it’s a walk barefoot through the grass. For others it’s a spin on a roller coaster, a solo movie date, or a perfectly ripe mango. One thing that makes me smile is walking on the beach, even if it’s pouring down rain and freezing cold outside, although I do prefer a sunshiny day!
My question for you is, when was the last time you did something that makes you happy?
If you haven’t smiled or laughed in a while, consider this: Happiness lowers stress levels, increases immune system function, and lowers your risk of disease. The happy factor also makes life easier.
The Magic Formula for Daily Pleasure
- Doing a minimum of one pleasurable thing per day is the most powerful antidote for gray, boring, or stressful days. Try this:
- Make an “I love” list. List everything that you enjoy — nothing is too small or too large. If you enjoy it, get it on the list!!!
- Take a look at how you spend your days. When could you fit in a little pleasure? Perhaps you could leave the office at lunch to walk in the park? Maybe you could play your favorite music while doing the dishes? How about booking a massage this weekend?
- Repeat daily — or more often as needed!!!
To get you started down the road to happiness, give this luscious recipe a try:
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar (optional)
- 1 cup organic whipping cream or carton of soft tofu or large ripe banana
- Process first 4 ingredients in blender
- Bend for 1 minute or until pureed.
- Pour puree into a medium bowl.
- Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. If using tofu or banana whir in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy.
- Fold whipped cream or tofu or banana into mango puree, using a knife to swirl in a marbled effect.
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
Are you curious about how happy good health can make YOU feel? As a Health Coach, I can help make your own healthy changes. Let’s talk! Schedule a discovery call today – or pass this on to someone you care about!